Green Operations Officer in Mostar (BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA)Published: Jul 26, 2023 Reading time: 7 minutes
Position: Green Operations Officer/ full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension (including 3 months’ probation period)
Country Programme: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Line Manager: Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
Please note his position is open for citizens of BiH or those with valid work permits.
About PIN in BiH and Western Balkans:
People in Need (PIN) has been operating in the Western Balkans since 1992 in response to the 1992-1995 Bosnian war. After the outbreak of the war, People in Need sent humanitarian workers and supplies into the country to provide immediate and emergency relief to those affected by the conflict in BiH as well as in Kosovo in 1998.
The PIN representative office is located in Sarajevo. PIN also has offices in Mostar, Belgrade, and Pristina. The total volume of the current programs is more than three million USD annually, funded by EU, CSSF/FCDO, CzDA, and other donors.
In the last two decades, PIN implemented projects supporting climate resilience and citizen engagement and minorities rights in the areas of waste management, circular economy, social inclusion, employment and inclusive education.
More information is available on PIN’s website www.peopleinneed.net.
About the role:
Under overall supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Coordinator, the Green Operations Officer is responsible for effective delivery of PIN (People in Need) green operations agenda and procurement and logistics services to obtain the best value for money, and achieve timely and quality service to programs and beneficiaries of the People in Need (PIN) Bosnia and Herzegovina country program mission. This includes support to all PIN BIH offices. Frequent travels between PIN´s offices are expected.
The Green Operations Officer is in charge of organizing wide spectrum of tasks related to logistic and procurement and supply chain, promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach. The key results have an impact on the overall mission efficiency in logistic and procurement management and success in implementation of programs. Additionally, Green Operations Officer will focus on measures that are most effective in reducing the negative environmental impact of PIN. Such prioritization saves time and delivers better results.
The Green Operations Officer will coordinate closely with other PIN BIH offices on needs and priorities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Carrying out procurement related to Mostar Project in compliance with PIN Procurement guidelines.
· Coordinate and hold responsibility for quality and timeliness of the mission-wide procurement strategy and planning, Mostar office supplier registration and management, sourcing, solicitation, management of submissions, evaluation of submissions, exceptions, price and contract negotiations, procurement process review and decisions, award process and documentation, and related risk management.
· Participate and assist Mostar project staff with purchases of goods and services according to PIN and donor rules, run tenders and archive tender documentation, coordination of Purchase Request process.
· Conducting regular market surveys to assure economic and adequate purchases for Mostar office needs according to PIN and donor procurement rules.
· Facilitate, guide, coordinate and implement application of corporate and local procurement and contracting requirements, ensuring that all relevant laws, agreements, policies, rules, regulations and procedures are applied.
· Pre-clear and approve relevant procurement documentation and assure accuracy and completeness of all records in enterprise content management system (ELO).
· Responsible for following up and updating Mostar project procurement plan
· Ensure transparent and fair procurement process with wide participation of qualified suppliers.
· Conduct supplier and service provider analysis across all contracts, calculate thresholds, examine procurement process, look into procurement and donor agreement compliance issues.
· Advise program personnel on supplier contract management, payment conditions, insurances, receipt and inspection, faulty delivery, quality checks, application of delay damages, liquidated damages, warranties, idle labour and equipment costs, etc.
· Develop supply base sources to ensure a robust and reliable supplier base to acquire quality goods, works and services timely and at favourable prices.
· Advise and support on eﬀective procurement and inventory strategies for the eﬀicient movement of material throughout project cycles to ensure inventory fluctuations have no negative impact to the organization's performance.
· Have regular meetings with project managers and/or programme staff to ensure that procurement is done on time
· Participates on regular monthly review sessions
Conducting trainings to PIN implementing partners and grantees on procurement requirements (PIN and Donor rules);
Checking partner reports and documentation in order to ensure fulfilment of procurement requirements
Fleet Management and Transportation:
Management of PIN owned & PIN rented vehicles.
Conducting monthly Logbook analysis.
Coordinating purchase of fuel and spare parts.
Management of transportation booking system.
Ensuring compliance with PIN RDD Travel Policy.
Arranging ad hoc transportation (taxi service, short term car rentals, bus and train tickets).
Arranging air travel (flights, support to colleagues in case of lost/damaged luggage, arranging cargo, or clearing customs).
Management of guest arrivals and departures (airport transfers, accommodation, SIM cards, public transportation tickets, contact lists etc.).
Administration and other supports:
Perform administrative office tasks related to bank, bookkeeping agency and Tax admin office
Other administration support as agreed with Line Manager
Managing fixed assets database (NAV) including registering new assets, labelling, movements, disposal, loss/theft.
Ensuring compliance with PIN Assets Policy.
Conducting physical inventory of fixed assets twice a year.
Taking care of assets around offices (e.g. kitchen appliances) and assets in stock currently unassigned to any other employee (user).
Storing and handing over communication equipment (mobile phones, routers).
Managing contracts with mobile phone company and or managing of stock and allocation of prepaid mobile phones.
Managing contracts for internet connection for the office.
Managing rental contracts.
Purchasing and distributing supplies – stationary, consumables.
Arranging office maintenance.
Securing supplies of water, drinking water, gas, electricity, waste management.
Ensuring and checking safety equipment in all premises.
Managing work of cleaners.
Updated security/safety contact list in vehicles and readymade for all employees.
1st aid kits, fire extinguishers – in vehicles and all premises.
Access to office arrangements, visitor handling rules, marking of offices, safe overnight parking for PIN vehicles.
Managing the process of preparation, approval and archiving of overhead contracts (taxi companies, accommodation, insurance, telephone providers, cleaning service, external IT service, translation service, catering service etc.).
Liaising and negotiating with BiH based overhead suppliers (check expiry of contracts, contract extensions, deal with occurring problems/requests, timely gathering of suppliers’ invoices and documentation and transmitting to finance manager).
Registering, processing and archiving incoming/outgoing correspondence.
Arranging PIN visibility in the office
Logistics Budget Management
Contributing to annual operations budget calculation.
Monthly forecasting of logistics costs (fleet, bases, running costs).
Processing cash advances and electronic payments relating to logistics (vehicles, stationary, consumables, other running costs).
Serving as CP focal point for troubleshooting and liaising with HQ IT helpdesk.
Purchasing IT equipment for CP according to PIN minimum quality standards.
Making sure that measures stated in Greening PINs Operations are fulfilled on CP level
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH):
Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies
Participates in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding, etc.).
Contributes to a fulfilling and protective environment.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at a similar level of responsibilities
University degree preferable
Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization (NGO); experience of working with international NGO is highly desired
Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and English
Knowledge of local procurement procedures preferable
Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Good MS Excel skills
Ability to work in teams and independently, handle multiple tasks and deliver assignments on time
People in Need offers:
Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
Salary and benefits according to PIN BiH Salary Scale and HR policies
25 days of paid leave annually
Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk
E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and Key Policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.